"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

Monday, August 22, 2011

Idlewild Amusement Park

We had a fun day today celebrating the end of summer before school starts on Thursday.  We visited Idlewild Amusement Park and really wore ourselves out!  :)  The weather was beautiful, a bit chilly even in the shade during the morning hours.  We had planned to visit the waterpark as well but didn't think it was quite warm enough.  We first went through Storybook Forest which was filled with characters from nursery rhymes.  This was so much fun!

 The girls met Mother Goose as we began our journey through the forest.  Her house is the yellow one behind the school below.

 We then visited the Little Red Schoolhouse where Audrey was the teacher (scary!) and Anna was student.
 The girls were so excited to be Raggedy Ann and Andy!

 The Three Little Bears House

 Geppetto's Workshop
 Pinnochio and his story
 The Old Woman who lived in the shoe.
 Mary, Mary Quite Contrary's Home

 Little Red Riding Hood's Home
 This is why Little Red Riding Hood was not in her home... there was a wolf in her bed!
 Rock a bye baby in the tree tops...
 One of our FAVORITES!

 We had so much fun on the rides.  Audrey couldn't ride all of the bigger ones but was able to ride the Scrambler and the Tilt-a-Whirl.  Anna had us cracking up with her screams!  Audrey didn't know what to think... I think she was in shock!

 The Carousel is ALWAYS a favorite!  This was Noah's first time riding on one.  :)

 Bumper cars and tea cups!  This was the nicest picture I got of the girls on the bumper cars.  They had quite the fight before the ride started as Anna was holding the steering wheel and Audrey was determined that SHE was driving.  Audrey was slapping Anna and Anna was yelling at her... what a sight!

 Here's a self portrait of us on the Tilt-a-Whirl.
 Airplanes and Boats (thank goodness for two controllers/steering wheels!)
It's too bad you can't hear Anna's blood curdling screams in the video below.  The first ride we rode was the Scrambler and it was quite a shock to both girls!  :)
I tried to take a video while we were riding the Tilt-a-Whirl so I apologize that it's a bit shaky.  Anna loved it but I'm not so sure about Audrey.  I'm sure for a 3 year old it was a bit overwhelming but thankfully she didn't cry.  :)


1 comment:

kabills said...

Dad and I both hooted picturing the "slapping fest", but I know it wasn't funny (snicker, snicker)! Some of Audrey's expression on the Tilt-a-whirl are hilarious. Glad you had such a good time, nice weather and safe travel. Thanks for sharing :0)