"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

Monday, August 15, 2011

Making Progress

Our little guy is getting better and we know it's due to the Lord answering our many prayers. Thank you all for praying!  I talked with the doctor yesterday and she said that he did test positive for MRSA.  I'm so thankful we had a great Urgent Care doctor on Thursday evening who treated him for that and got him going on the right medicine without knowing for sure that it was MRSA.  His sores don't look a ton better, they're actually more red than they were, but that's due to the pushing and pinching we've had to do to drain them.  We can tell a difference in the actual center of each sore as they're not full of pus anymore or oozing.  His skin is also broke out from the bandages we've used to cover his sores.  Now that they're not oozing or bleeding, we're not putting them on anymore.  Poor boy has such sensitive skin but it definitely runs in the family! 



While the last few days have been exhausting and stressful, I'm so thankful this was just a short "upset" in our lives. I know of two other families who are dealing with much more tragic events in their sons' lives and I know they would appreciate you praying for them. The first prayer request is for good friends of our's who just recently found out that their 5 month old son has down syndrome. They are strong Christians and I know they will cling to the Lord as they learn how to deal with this situation but I can't imagine how devastating this news is to them. The second prayer request is for baby Carson. He is the nephew of my friend Susanna and is a newborn struggling to live. His parents brought him home from the hospital last week and when they took him back to the doctor a few days later for a check-up (he was jaundiced), they realized his little body wasn't working like it should. They flew him to a NICU in Wisconsin close to where they live and he's been struggling to survive ever since. This family is praying for a miracle and I know they would appreciate it if you would join them.




No comments: