First grade has arrived for Anna and we all survived the first day back to school. She was so excited this morning as well as a little nervous which kept her from eating hardly any breakfast. If you know Anna, she doesn't pass up food EVER! I talked with her about how the morning and afternoon would go and that seemed to calm her down some. Riding the bus to school is a big deal in our house. Last year with her attending afternoon Kindergarten, I had to take her to school every day so riding the bus to school was a new experience for her today.
I felt so much peace today about our decision to send her back to Central Christian Academy. We debated for months about whether or not we should begin homeschooling but I'm so thankful God answered our prayers and led us in this direction. It's wonderful that transportation is provided to and from school even though it's a private school and as you can see from the pictures below, it's a small bus that transports only kids from her school and they wear seat belts. There are only 4 kids on her bus including her and the other three are siblings, one being a little girl, Grace, who is in first grade with her. Thank you Lord for providing a good Christian school for us to send her to and the transportation to get her there and home safely that keeps me from having to get Audrey and Noah up early in the morning and drag them around, 25 minutes each way, to take Anna to school and back each day.
She's growing up too fast! I missed having her help today!
And this is when I finally let myself cry... when the bus pulled away with a chunk of my heart on it! I'm constantly having to remind myself that God is with her wherever she goes and that brings me peace when worry starts to creep in.
She had a great first day and said her favorite part was recess and the mashed potatoes and dinner roll she had at lunch. That had us laughing for sure! :)




1 comment:
oh that makes me want to cry!!!!
Post a Comment