Sunday, May 15, 2011
Eternal Life
Last Wednesday, May 11th, Anna made the best decision she'll ever make in her entire life! She asked Michael and I if she could pray and ask Jesus into her heart. We were both in her room as it was bedtime, each of us kneeling on one side of the bed, and we gladly told her "yes!" We each took hold of her hands and Michael lead her through the prayer. I, of course, was overcome with emotion and couldn't say a word but I cannot describe the amount of joy I felt in my heart. I've never felt anything like it! The Bible says in Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. How simple it is to be saved from an eternity of pain and suffering. We have prayed that our children would make this life changing decision from before they were even born. We are praying for the wisdom to know how to teach and lead her as parents to live her life with a passion to serve Jesus and others. The greatest hurdle in doing this is getting past ourselves. We are selfish, sinful human beings and we cannot overcome this on our own. Thankfully God is there ready and waiting to help us one small step at a time to become more like Him. I am so grateful for the blessing of Anna and the decision she's made. There is no greater gift in my opinion that a child could give his or her parents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
congratulations gretchen !!! anna, i am so proud of you!
Post a Comment