"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Surrender...

I'm sitting here waiting for my dear little Anna to get home ON THE BUS and the only word that keeps coming to mind is "surrender".  This is not something I do easily!  I am head strong, strong-willed, determined, whatever you want to call it and I like to have control.  This is something the Lord has continually worked on throughout my life and I'm sure He'll continue to do so until the day I die.  The definition of surrender is to give up or yeild possession or power.  In terms of mothering, that can be hard to do.  As a mother I want to control every area of my children's lives making sure they're safe, well taken care of, and generally happy.  When I'm not with them, I can't be sure all those things are happening.  However, I also have to realize that they belong to HIM, HE created them, and HE loves them more than I ever will.  HE can care for them better than I can and HE is with them always!  I'm trying to hold it together, trying not to freak out, and let my emotions go wild.  When she started preschool 2 years ago, I had to let go a little and have had with small things in the past few years but riding the bus home - this is big stuff for us!  I've had this little girl at home with me almost every day, most days the entire day, for 5+ years and now she's gone a few hours every day and today is riding the bus without me.  I can do this only because I know that my God is with her even when I can't be. 

1 comment:

kabills said...

Hang in there, Honey. Another 15 years or so, and you can relax - NOT!