Noah turned 4 months old last Friday and it's so bittersweet! I just want to keep him like this forever although there are times when I look forward to all 3 kids being self sufficient and not so needy. I'm quite emotional tonight as today was the last day for nursing. I've had to go on medicine that's not safe for breastfeeding so he'll now be taking a bottle for each meal. I had to pump this evening to give me some relief and it was heart wrenching pouring breast milk down the drain in the sink. I do feel like this is God's will and after a few days it won't seem so bad but I hate to give up that special time between just he and I.
He's such a happy boy and I can't praise the Lord enough for the calm, laid back demeanor He's given our little guy. He had his 4 month check up today and he had an ear infection in both ears and we never even saw the slightest bit of discomfort in him! I felt terrible but he really hasn't been overly fussy or given us a clue that something was wrong. He weighed 15 lbs. 5 oz. (either their scales are light or our's are heavy at home because he's been weighing heavier than that at home) and he was 25+ inches long. His weight was in the 65th percentile and his height was in the 50th percentile so he's measuring pretty average.
He likes being on his tummy and even rolled over from his tummy to his back for the first time on Saturday. We were all in the living room watching him play on the floor and he just flipped over like he'd been doing it for months. You can imagine the excitement his new little trick elicited from his big sisters and from Mommy and Daddy too.
He loves being naked. If he's fussy, I'll take his clothes off and then he's happy. That could cause some issues in a few years. =) He constantly chews on his hands and drools like crazy but the doctor said he didn't feel any teeth yet. He sucks his thumb or two of his fingers to soothe himself when he's sleepy.
Good Morning Noah! He is a GREAT nighttime sleeper, Praise the Lord! He sleeps 12+ hours each night and wakes up happy too. He naps 3 times during the day, anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
He enjoys sitting in the highchair watching all of the activity that goes on in the kitchen. It's such a blessing to have a baby who's content to just sit and hang out. We haven't started cereal yet as he doesn't seem to need it. We'll probably wait till he's 5 months or so or whenever he starts showing signs of being ready. I love the picture below! He looks like such a little stud in his tractor shirt and blue jeans with the belt. Do remember those jeans Rachel? :)







1 comment:
So glad he's able to wear them! What a cutie. :) Don't you just love how calm and content baby boy's are??
Post a Comment