My doctor's appointment this week went well, "everything looks good" as they say. I've gained 25 pounds which is the maximum I wanted to gain so now I need to lay off the sweets and see if I can just maintain that for the next week. :) I see a different doctor at each doctor appointment but the consensus is that I'm 2-3 centimeters dilated and 50-80% effaced/thinned. I've been that way now for 2 weeks so I think I'm just stuck there. =) Michael and I have been praying about this baby’s delivery and we have both felt very uneasy about waiting until November 11th to do a c-section if he hadn’t come by then on his own. At every doctor visit they remind me of the risks of having a vaginal birth after already having a c-section and I remind them that I’ve already had a successful one, however, the fact that the doctors are uncomfortable with it has really bothered Michael. Both the group of doctors I see here and the doctors I saw in West Virginia told me that they would not even allow me to try for a vaginal birth this time had I not already had a successful VBAC elsewhere. Michael and I have talked a lot in the past few days about this and I called the doctor this morning and was able to schedule my c-section for next Thursday, November 4th at 7:45 a.m. if baby boy hasn’t come on his own yet. When I first talked to the office they said they were booked and had nothing available but then after they did some more checking, they were able to get me in on Thursday morning with the doctor I like the best. Praise the Lord! This just confirms for me that we’re doing what we’re supposed to. I do not want to have another c-section but if it comes to that, I’ll know that’s how God’s planned it all along. I feel so much more at peace about all of this now which is another sign that we’ve done the right thing. I don't ever want to take things into my own hands, I definitely want to follow the Lord's guidance, and I feel like we've done that with how this is all working out. Little boy may come before next Thursday and be delivered vaginally which would be great but if not, he'll come into this world via c-section next Thursday morning. I'm thankful the end is in sight and so grateful for all of you who are praying for us!
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so glad you were able to schedule and feel at peace with your decision! That is huge in delivery!! Praying that all goes well and trusting Him to keep you both safe, healthy and happy through it all. So excited for you and anxious to see this new little part of your family!
Gretchen, I'll be thinking of you!! So glad that you have a scheduled appointment. Got teary eyed as I was thinking about my babies being born while reading your post. Praying that everything goes smoothly for you and can't wait to see pics of your little guy.
I think you are making the right decision! Can't believe baby boy will be here before long! I will be praying that all goes smoothly. Can't wait to see him.
I am soo soo happy for you Gretchen !!!
Praying for a safe delivery! I am sure that is a hard decision!
Post a Comment