"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Off to Kindergarten...

Today Anna started school and boy was she excited!  Of course her camera crazy mommy had to take tons of pictures and when we got to her school she said, "C'mon mom, I don't want to be late!".  She wasn't late and actually we were a bit early.  She looked so cute in her school uniform as did the other kids.  Audrey told me "goodbye" as soon as we walked in the classroom and then went and sat down at a desk and said she wanted to color.  I had to explain to her that she wasn't staying and when she and I did leave, she kicked and screamed all the way through the parking lot to the van hollering for Anna.  Of course she had to wear her boots too... ever since Anna has wore her new school shoes, Audrey's been all about wearing her cowgirl boots. 
Anna said she had a good time at school and we celebrated after school by having homemade chocolate chip cookies.  My mom always spoiled us with warm cookies when we got home from school and that's something I want to do for my kiddos too.  There's nothing better than coming home from school to your house smelling like cookies!  She then chose to go to McDonalds for dinner so that's what we did.  She even got a free ice cream cone there... talk about a great day for a 5 year old!  My dad asked her if she was the teacher's pet and she said, "No!  I'm not an animal, I'm a kid!"  Such a funny girl sometimes!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo slideshow created with Smilebox


Here's a few pictures from Anna's Kindergarten orientation this past Monday.  That helped add to her excitement as she learned where her desk, cubby, and classroom were.  Plus she got to play in the gym while the parents had a meeting with the teacher.  That was a big deal to her.  =)
Audrey was sad because she couldn't go.  It won't be long before it's her turn!

3 comments:

Schulke Family said...

great photos ! love the new do audrey!!

Angela said...

I LOVE the boots!! :) I cannot believe that Anna is ready for kindergarten!! I am glad that she is excited about it!!

Michelle said...

Love the pouty look in the last photo, love the boots, and so excited to see Anna head off to kindergarten. So grown up!