"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

Friday, July 17, 2009

MOPS

Last weekend I went on a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) retreat. Wow... it was so different being away from the girls and Michael for a night. Us ladies had a great time getting to know one another and planning the upcoming year. After we moved to WV, I realized there was a real need for a MOPS group in our area. I had really hoped there would be one that I could join as I really benefitted from the MOPS groups I'd been a part of before. I began to feel God working on me to start a group and I tried to ignore it for awhile but eventually realized that I was being disobedient to what He'd laid on my heart. I shared my burden with our Pastor and he was all for starting a group at our church. I was so overwhelmed at first thinking of all that needed to be done in such a short time as MOPS typically runs on the school schedule which meant we needed to be ready by September. God continues to work out all the details and I'm so greatful for the ladies who've stepped up to help with this ministry. We are all stepping out of our comfort zones trusting and knowing that God will provide exactly what we need, when we need it. We would appreciate any prayers as we launch this ministry off the ground. If you want to know more about MOPS, check out the website www.mops.org.

No comments: