"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

4 weeks to go...

Yes, 4 weeks from Friday, if not sooner, our 2nd little lady should be here. Mommy is very ready as you can see from her large shape in the picture. At this size, getting comfortable isn't even an option. I'm measuring right on track although my platelet level is continuing to drop. It's called gestational thrombocytopaenia and something that you can't do anything for until delivery so we're just waiting it out. It's very wearing on your body (like pregnancy isn't enough!) as you're extra tired and your immunity is low but thankfully Anna still takes good afternoon naps so mommy gets to rest then too. Most of the time it's just a condition during pregnancy although some women continue to struggle after pregnancy. We'll hope this is just related to being pregnant and once the baby arrives, my levels will get back to normal.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope surgery goes well! I am sure it is tough. I will be praying for her surgery, your pregnancy and the birth of this new little one.

PS You look great!!!

Miller Mommy said...

You do look great! I on the other hand am as big as a barn and that is why there aren't any belly pics of me on our blog!!!

The Ellenwoods said...

Gretchen- YOU look awesome.....way to go! Please let me know if there is anything you need!